04 September, 2011

Lack of Inspiration

So, I've not done much writing lately. It's not that I don't want to write, it's more the fact that I don't know what to write about.
Sequel to Playing Cards and Chess Pieces, Dominoes isn't going very well at all. Actually, the only bit of writing I've done for it is the title page and an unfinalised, draft preface. It's quite bad, actually, considering I love the characters I've created and their journey throughout the first two books. It saddens me that a solid plot isn't thickening as easily as the first two. Saying that, Chess Pieces took me two years to complete... I hope it doesn't take me that long to complete Dominoes, or longer!
I've done a couple chapters for my collabs on Protagonize.com but they're not coming through very thick as new chapters from fellow collab authors aren't posting regularly, for particular reasons. I can't complain though; good writing takes time and shouldn't be rushed :)
The next two weeks are going to be hectic for me as the build up to move in day at Uni nears and my excited and nerves take hold of me completely. I'm mostly sorted and just need a few last minute items and home comforts :)
Until next time,
Much love,
MJReynolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment